Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beating the Heat with a Toaster Oven

During the warm weather I don't like to heat up the house by using the oven.  Several years ago for Christmas I received a toaster oven.  It was great when my son was younger to fix quick meals for him without turning on the big oven. 

We use the toaster oven mainly for toast and heating up frozen foods on occasion.  With the heat I decided to make an easy meal that I could put into the toaster oven so I wouldn't heat up the house.  I found a Pyrex glass baking dish that would fit into the oven before I started.  Luckily I had one that fit perfectly.  I baked a tater tot casserole which everyone enjoyed.



Tater Tot Casserole
1 pound ground beef
1/3 packet of onion soup mix. 
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 can of milk
3/4 package of tater tots

Mix ground beef, onion soup mix, soup and milk.  Cover top with tater tots pushing them into the mixture and adding more to cover the top.  I sprayed the Pyrex dish with non-stick cooking spray before adding the ingredients.  It helps to keep the food from sticking to the pan. 
Bake 350 degrees 45-60 minutes.  Or until tater tots are golden brown and casserole is bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment