Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Latest Bargain~ Princess House Orchard Medley Dishes

This is my latest bargain.  The items were listed as a set for $30 on the local facebook for sale page.  The set includes items not pictured such as dinner plates, salad bowls, and cereal bowls, salt and pepper shakers, a cheese shaker and a spoon rest.  The plates and bowls weren't in the best of shape, which didn't really matter to me.  I wanted the set for the tea pot and pitcher.  The other items were a bonus.  The large bowl is called a pasta bowl, however, the pitcher fits inside nicely just like an old fashioned pitcher and bowl set would.
   

When I did some research I noticed the tea pot alone was selling for anywhere between $20 and $60.  The same with the pitcher, bowl and platter.  I paid $25 for the entire set and am pretty happy with my find.  The ensemble goes well in my dining room. 

Platter along with the sugar and creamer set
 Although there are pieces that aren't in the best shape, I have already found uses for them.  The larger salad bowls are being used to hold fruit in the kitchen.  The cereal bowls and dinner plates are being used for chicken food.  In the future I can glue one of the bowls to a plate and make a bird feeder.  Recycling items for another purpose is one of the things I enjoy.  It brings out my creative side.

No comments:

Post a Comment