I deviated from the recipe a little. I used 1/4 cup chopped onions which I sauteed in olive oil. I only used about 4-5 baby carrots and I omitted the peas because my son doesn't like them. Instead of soy sauce and sesame oil I used teriyaki sauce, simply because I already had a bottle of it open. It turned out very well. My son was impressed. This is something we will definitely be making again!
Restaurant Style Fried Rice
- 2 cups enriched white rice
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- soy sauce to taste
- sesame oil, to taste (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, boil carrots in water about 3 to 5 minutes. Drop peas into boiling water, and drain.
- Heat wok over high heat. Pour in oil, then stir in carrots and peas; cook about 30 seconds. Crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables. Stir in cooked rice. Shake in soy sauce, and toss rice to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil, and toss again.