Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sprucing up an existing hosta bed

I got tired of weeding the garden bed my son created last year so I decided to get some mulch and spruce up the bed.  I didn't have any landscape fabric left so I used a newspaper roll to cover the area before adding the mulch.  I had to cut out slots to put the hostas into.  
The three larger hostas were planted in 2010, while the two smaller ones were just added this year.  While digging in the garden shed I found three decorations I thought would go good with the theme.  They are in the back next to the tree.  Two are chickens and one is a barn.  I added a cement patio block to put the red hen on this year for more stability.

1 comment: