Wednesday, July 6, 2011

From Rags to Riches


Well, not exactly.  But these were being used as rags, and now that I have given them a work over we can once again use them for washrags.

Ready to be put back into use
 I was getting a larger pile of rags than I needed, so I decided to use my Serger to remove the frayed edges.


Serging the edges. 
Look how nice the edges look

     
This machine is very easy to thread.  It really cuts down on sewing time.  It allows you to use standard thread spools, unlike other machines that require you to purchase expensive thread, like shown in the picture below.  Since I have a large supply of embroidery thread, that is what I use.  My embroidery thread is a heavier weight and more durable to use when serging.  Normal lightweight thread is not suggested as it may have a tendency to break when serging because faster speeds are used.  There are so many things you can use a serger for.  I haven't begun to experiment with all of its uses.

Brother 1034 D Serger

No comments:

Post a Comment