Friday, July 15, 2011

Preparing for a Heat Wave

 When it gets hot I don't like to use my oven.  I try to make things rather than buy them.  Not only is it better for you, it saves money.  One of the things my family loves is chocolate chip cookies.  But then, whose doesn't!  For my family it can't be just any chocolate chip cookies either.  They have to be Nestle Toll House cookies.  The forecast for the upcoming week is going to be extremely hot.  Down right miserable in my book.

I decided to take advantage of time before hand to make a supply of cookies that will hopefully get them through the extreme heat heading our way.  I usually make a batch at a time and only bake half of the batch.  I put the dough in the refrigerator and bake the rest later so they have fresh cookies again. 

This time I made a batch in a half and baked almost all of them.  Having only one rack in my oven this was a project over a few hours.  In the meantime I took care of laundry and dishes so the appliances would not have to run during the hottest part of the day.  Next project...muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment